Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Your Registration Is Complete"

Yeehaw! We're registered! There's no turning back now! Shit, there's no turning back now. It's all good. We've got 9 months to get ready. I'm a bit nervous now, but totally psyched. The Flagstaff runners that have done TRR are excited for us and I already am feeling the support. Now on to the training plan. Run, run, run. In the mountains, on the trails. It's the official start.

I've been perusing the interwebs, searching for some ultra training advice and checking out the blogs of past TRR participants. Figuring out how to train properly in the first challenge (after deciding to sign up). I've recently read some of ultra-running he-man Geoff Roe's thoughts on training for ultras.... little to no speedwork, mostly endurance and strength training. That makes sense to me, but it's daunting. Endurance training means lots of miles and, aside from worrying about injury, I'm concerned about time. With work, kids, and other interests, I'll have to get creative about getting in more miles. I already struggle just to get my usual 25 to 30, especially as the days get shorter, colder, and snowier. Training will just have to become a bigger priority as the weeks and months go by, and as the need to build mileage increases. Until then, the search for the perfect training plan continues....   -jea

No comments:

Post a Comment