Friday, November 12, 2010

Are We Crazy?

I don't know how I got to this point, but I have to do TransRockies. Like Mark, I'm obsessed. Of course, it's easy to talk about now because our serious training doesn't have to start for a while.

When the idea first popped up over the summer there was no way I was going to agree to run 115 miles over 6 days across the Continental Divide. So what's changed? I can't really say.  I love to run on trails and I expect this staged race to be about as awesome as trailrunning gets.

TransRockies requires participants to enter the race in two-person teams. I've read that choosing your teammate is just as important as your training. Mark and I have been running together for just one season, but we seem pretty well matched. We've both have a pretty good base level of fitness and we've trained together before, for the Imogene Pass Run. Somehow, over a few weeks, we've talked each other into entering TransRockies, and somehow we'll be ready in August when the race starts.  -jea

No comments:

Post a Comment