Saturday, November 13, 2010

Margaritas and Running

Last night after a 3 hour bike ride,  I felt it was necessary to have a great dinner of home made burritos and margaritas, not knowing that I would be running 16 miles today.

So Jen is training for a marathon and her training run today was 16 miles.  We talked about this early in the week and decided that we would go on the NATRA run to Fisher Point together and she would finish the other 8 miles on the road and I would tag along on the bike.

Another bright idea this morning and I mentioned maybe we could just keep running together and do all 16 miles on the Arizona Trail instead of her running on the road.  Lets just say the first 3 miles of the run today I kept smelling salt and lime.

We ran with the NATRA group to Fisher Point and a group picture, we then headed down the trail towards Walnut Canyon Road.

We saw a bull elk right after we left the NATRA run and passed a couple of other runners, but besides that it was a very peaceful run.

Just got home and received a text from Joel about running 10 miles tomorrow.  Of course I couldn't let my running partner down, although a leg ice bath may be in the works tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment