Friday, November 12, 2010

Preparation

This is Mark posting.

Funny how this Trans Rockies race went from a "hell no" a few months back to becoming an obsession.

Even during our run at Imogene when my body shut down and I felt there was no way I was going to run Trans Rockies, the urge to run something this epic just won't go away.

I had pretty much put it out of my mind, when Joel asked me on a Kachina Trail run if I was still interested in running Trans Rockies, which I responded not really (only because Joel didn't want to do it earlier).

He also mentioned a meeting about the race happening at Bigfoot BBQ (which, little to Joel's knowledge, I had already planned on attending).

After that meeting we pretty much decided it was worth an undertaking.  So now we sit at Lumberyard having a beer and cheese fries, discussing possibilities of sponsorship, training, and life in general.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment